Football has the power to promote integration and endorse positive role models in society. In an effort to foster diversity and equality in football and throughout society, CONCACAF is committed to being a multicultural organization that supports inclusiveness, respect, and fair play.
In July 2013, CONCACAF launched the Embrace Diversity campaign with the goal of providing a unified and influential voice to promote integration within the football community.
The campaign is a first step in addressing discrimination concerns raised within the region’s football community.
1. Educational and awareness activities
2. Prevention, monitoring and regulation that can facilitate the referral of concerns about discriminatory incidents within football
3. Coalition Campaigns
CONCACAF embraces and promotes diversity as a key value of football. By fostering a culture of respect and inclusiveness, Member Associations can thrive through the core value of fair play, while in the pursuit of excellence.
The Embrace Diversity campaign will promote the key values of equality, respect, and inclusion through football by:
- Being representative of the communities we serve.
- Enhancing education to create diversity awareness and promote equality, inclusion and respect.
- Adopting a commitment to diversity in career opportunities on and off the field.
- Implementing clear measures to monitor and sanction discrimination within football.